Coordinator or Career Services
Coordinator of Career Services
Lifeworks is hiring a Coordinator of Career Services to lead the development of innovative and robust career service planning, programming, and supports for adults with autism. As the Coordinator of Career Services, you will be responsible for program development as it relates to the range of career services including, career discovery, job coaching and partnering with local businesses to afford adults with autism the opportunity to participate in paid employment experiences.
- Build and retain an exceptional staff as well as oversee day-to-day programming related to career services initiatives.
- Provide administrative and clinical supervision including, but not limited to, hiring, supervision, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employees.
- Responsible for organization of daily activities and routines to optimize treatment and consumer learning.
- Provide education and training in best practices in working with adults with autism spectrum disorders including, but not limited to, daily living skills, pre-vocational, leisure, and self-care activities that are based on ISP goals and objectives.
- Foster open communication with local boards of Developmental Disabilities, Residential services providers and family members, local community partners, and other entities as needed.
- Contribute to person-centered service plans that meet the needs of the consumers as well as be responsible for consumer charts and daily behavioral data.
- Manage the program spaces to ensure all programmatic materials are available, age appropriate, and reflect consumer interest.
- Provide for the safety of consumers and staff.
- Properly handle emergencies such as injury, illness, and acting-out situations.
- Strictly follow treatment guidelines in developing and fostering acceptable alternatives to non-communicative, negative, and/or destructive behavior.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in related field (i.e. Special education, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis, MBA, Clinical Counseling, Social Work etc.).
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst, PCC, LISW, or Ohio Licensed Teacher preferred.
- Experience providing career services required.
- Management and program development experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of autism spectrum disorders, child and adolescent development, human sexuality, family dysfunction, psychology, sociology, and behavior theory
- Openness to multi-disciplinary and eclectic approaches to treatment.
- Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes, and abilities.
If interested, please submit your resume to HR@monarchlifeworks.org
About Lifeworks: Founded in 2013, Lifeworks seeks to provide vocational and educational opportunities for adults throughout Northeast Ohio with a diagnosis of autism. Lifeworks is a subsidiary of Bellefaire JCB, one of the nation’s leading providers and innovators of wellness, advocacy, and behavioral healthcare for children, youth, and their families. Building upon the successful Monarch Model developed at Bellefaire JCB’s Monarch Center for Autism, Lifeworks enables adults on the autism spectrum opportunities to express, explore, and achieve diagnostic-appropriate independence through social and communicative educational development, as well as vocational readiness programming.